On December 5, 2017, over a hundred Black and Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) immigrants will join forces for a day of action in Washington, DC to demand a clean DREAM Act and a permanent solution for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) holders. Our communities are often erased in the immigration debate, and it’s time to fight back!
We are taking control of our narrative and sharing stories that center the lives and experiences of our communities. We are using our collective experiences to stress the urgency of passing legislation that reforms the systems that are impacting us. We are facilitating inter-community workshops and community building discussions to learn about each other’s particular experiences, address how white supremacy is present in our own communities, and build towards authentic solidarity.
Day 1 – December 5: Black & AAPI Day of Action
Location: Lutheran Church of the Reformation 212 East Capitol St NE, Washington, DC 20003 for events from 8AM to 12PM. All other locations are indicated below.
- 8:00 AM Breakfast
- 8:30 AM Introductions / Goals of the day
- 9:00 AM Workshop I: The Black and AAPI Immigrant Experience
- 10:00 AM Workshop II: Undoing White Supremacy in our communities
- 11:00 AM DREAM & TPS Lobby Run through & Workshop
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM Press Conference (Location: House Triangle)
- 2:00 PM Action (Petition Delivery) / Lobby Visits (Location: Senate &House Office Buildings)
- 5:30 PM Dinner (Location: SEARAC Building Ballroom: 1628 16th Street NW • Washington, DC 20009)
- 6:00 PM Debrief (Location: SEARAC Building Ballroom: 1628 16th Street NW • Washington, DC 20009)
Day 2 – December 6: AAPI Meet Up/March with FIRM, SEIU, CASA, and UWD among others.
- 11:00 AM AAPI contingent meet up in the Upper Senate Park
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM Rally & Action
Black-AAPI Immigration Action Day
Updated on 2017-12-10T13:10:24-05:00, by .